Introduction | New Items and Updates | Lavoirs
| Milestones | Official
Stones | Ecclesiastical Stones | Dedicated
House Sites Index | Colombiers
| Problems Page
The original Arranged by Surname index has now
been removed as it is out of date. To search for a surname or house name
use your 'FIND' facility - Ctrl-f on PCs and Command-f on Macs -
in the Text Versions linked at the top of each of the pages - see Text
Version: 1-903 | Text Version:
Arranged by Stone | 1-100
| 101-200 | 201-300
| 301-400 | 401-500
| 501-600 | 601-700
| 701-800 | 801-903
| 904-949 | 950-999
| 1000-1050 | 1051-1100
| 1101-1150 | 1151-1200
| 1201-1250 | 1251-1300
| 1401-1450 | 1451-1500
St Helier (St H) Trinity (T) Grouville (G) St Martin (St Mt) St Mary
(St My) St Brelade (St B) St John (St J) St Ouen (St O) St Saviour (St S)
St Clement (St C) St Lawrence (St L) St Peter (St P)
- Mont-à-l'abbé Cemetary, New St Johns
Road. 1855: Nicolas Le Quesne - Constable with Jean Guiton and Jean Dumaresq
- (Below) Mont-à-l'abbé Cemetary Extension, Tower Road.
1880: The Committee consisted of The Dean and Rector of St Helier (the
famous) William Corbet Le Breton, the Constable François Voisin
(founder of the Department Store) with Philippe Aubin and John Le Cronier
- the Procureurs du Bien Public, Edouard Noel and Thomas Dorey - Surveillants
and three Parishioners: Jean Thomas Du Jardin (a Centenier), John Coutanche
and Philippe Le Rossignol.
- Foundation stone at St Andrew's Church. Photograph
by Geraint Jennings.
- PDSC 1821 AE21. Philippe de Ste Croix bap. (St H) 17.3.1801 fils Phle
& Anne Le Sueur (g/p Phle Le Sueur & Marie Le Sueur) bur. (St H)
3.8.1821 aged 21. Old flat gravestone from St Helier Parish Church Cemetery
- now mounted upright on the S.E. corner of the Church.
- RM 1789. As of yet unidentified. Old flat gravestone from St Helier
Parish Church Cemetery - now mounted upright on the S.E. corner of the
- Parish Churchyard gates remembering two churchwardens. Left: Thos.
Jn. Le Huquet Surveillant. Right: Thomas Whitley Surveillant; both
have 1875 on the back.
- Sion 1826; original foundation stone from Sion Methodist Chapel which
was rebuilt in 1880. In car park wall, Sion Village.
- RLQ JHM Survs. 1816. Richard Le Quesne and Jean Hamon,
Churchwardens. St John's Parish Church Window.
- JLB JBP Survs. 1853. Jean Le Brun and Josué Blampied, Churchwardens.
St John's Parish Church Porch.
- J.P.VD P.BR Survs. no date. Churchwardens. St John's Parish Church
- T.F.L. & J.F.L. Survs 1881. Plaque on the bell tower. St John's
Parish Church Porch.
- F.E.P (not R) N J.F.LC(not G)N Svts. 1907. François Edouard
Pinel and Jean François Le Cornu. Churchwardens' stone on gates
to St John's Parish Church.
- J.LB J.BP Survs. 1854. Jean Le Brun and Josué Blampied. Churchwardens'
stone on gates to St John's Parish Church. Photographs by Geraint Jennings.
- 1218. 1913 Fr.
de Gruchy - Rector, W.S. Pincott and J.B. Michel - Surveillants. Wall plaque
marking the extension of the Parish Churchyard, La Petite Route de la Fosse
- St Lawrence
- (identifications from various Almanacs de la Chronique)
- Behind the front wall at The Glass Church, Millbrook (St L).
- 1151. JL.PP Survs. 1831. Jean
Luce and Philippe Payn; Churchwardens' stone in the
- wall of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard, Rue de L'Eglise.
- 1152. E.DN J.MG. Survs.1862. Edouard
Denize and Jean Mauger Jnr.
- Churchwardens' stone in the wall of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard,
- Rue de L'Eglise.
- 1152. J.MG F.G. D Survs 1863,
Jean Mauger Jnr. and François Gideon Dallain; Churchwardens' stone
in the wall of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard, Rue de L'Eglise.
- 1154. J.GB P.GLC Survs. 1864,
Jean Gibaut Jnr. and Pierre Gallichan; Churchwardens' stone in the wall
of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard, Rue de L'Eglise.
- 1155. P.VT. P.S.MG. SURVs 1887.
Philippe Vautier and Philippe Stark Mauger; Churchwardens' stone in the
wall of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard, La Grande Route de St Laurens.
- 1156. J.P.PR: E.VB SURVs 1899;
John Philip Pirouet & Edouard Vibert; Churchwardens' stone in the wall
of St Lawrence Parish Churchyard, as above.
- E.H.V:L.F.C. Survs: 1985. The side of a corbel on the
small store in the new Cemetery, Rue de L'Eglise.
- 1146. PRD AE 8AS
1795 and IRD AE19AS 1796; gravestones for two Rondel children. The Parish
Churchyard also doubled as the Militia Drill field until the period of
the Napoleonic Wars, when General Don ensured a Drill shed was built across
the road from the Church. All the older gravestones had been placed flat
in the ground and many were moved when upright Monuments became fashionable.
PRD is Philippe Rondel (bp. 14.7.1787 & d. 17.6.1795 Tr.) first &
only child of Philippe Rondel (bp. 16.11.1760 Tr.) & Esther Bisson.
Esther being Philippe's first wife (m. 19.12.1784 Tr. & d. 14.3.1792
Tr.). Elizabeth Le Riche was his second wife - see 785.
IRD is Jean Rondel (bp. 15.6.1777 & d. 10.9.1796 Trinity) was the youngest
child of Philippe Rondel (bp. 6.5.1739 Tr.) & Susanne Le Masurier (m.
14.3.1759 Tr.). Jean Rondel being PRD's uncle. PRD's father Philippe, was
Jean's eldest brother - identifications from Tina
Quimby-Mitchell. Now incorporated in a wall at La Guerdainerie,
La Rue Guerdain (T).
- 1180. P.BN. I.N. SVL (Surveillants)
1848. Philippe Binet and Jean Neel Jnr. (Neel was also one of the Procureurs
du Bien Publique); on the Poor Box to the right of the main entrance to
Trinity Parish Churchyard (T) - see below. (identifications from the
Almanac de la Chronique of 1848)
- St Brelade
- Commemorating the extension of the old Cemetery in 1894 (St B). Revd.
J.A. Balleine: Rector, John Alfred Seale: Constable (whose name also appears
at La Moye School and at his
home Mont au Roux Farm - see 1334),
Churchwardens: Francis Horman & Samuel Edward Le Marquand (of Les Fontaines,
Rue du Francfief - see 1500)
and Procurers du Bien Public: John Herbert Orange & F.J. Alexandre.
- The 'New' Cemetery consecration stone 1948 (St B). Rev. William George
Tabb: Rector, Hedley Ernest Le Rossignol: Constable, Churchwardens: John
Winter Fiott & Harold George Shepard, Procurers du Bien Public: Arnold
John Mauger & James John Le Boutillier and Centeniers: John Hamon Chevalier
& Adophus Cecil Fiott.
Other displaced gravestones can be found at Handois
(St L) No. 242, Old Farm (St
H) No. 1042, Saville
Street (St H) No. 927 and Ladies
Walk (St My) No. 1121.
- Introduction | New
Items and Updates | Lavoirs | Milestones | Official
Stones | Alex
Glendinning's Pages at The
Société Jersiaise e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org